Suggestions from a would be Turbo Pro customer

2006-09-06 01:02:03 PM
delphi217
It would be handy if there was a link/article on
www.turboexplorer.com on how to buy the Pro versions.
It would be even better if Turbo Pro was available as a download.
As a happy Delphi 6 user, I'd have bought a Turbo Pro license
yesterday if I could have downloaded it.
I will buy a Turbo Pro license as soon as it becomes downloadable.
All in all, there was much room for improvement in my customer
experience yesterday.

Re:Suggestions from a would be Turbo Pro customer

Mark Stals writes:
It would be handy if there was a link/article on
www.turboexplorer.com on how to buy the Pro versions.

It would be even better if Turbo Pro was available as a download.

As a happy Delphi 6 user, I'd have bought a Turbo Pro license
yesterday if I could have downloaded it.
I will buy a Turbo Pro license as soon as it becomes downloadable.

All in all, there was much room for improvement in my customer
experience yesterday.
As a D5 Pro user who actively persuaded clients to buy Delphi .. I will
second that :)
SELL Turbo Pro .. it sells itself on current merit alone. . :)
I think I speak for all loyal Delphi developers when I say "when it
comes to win23, Delphi has always been and STILL is the tool of choice"
... with the new pricing structure it makes even more sense.
Productivity/Price ratio is ALL that maters and DevCo can market this
well on win32 I am sure. I dont think the majority are worried about
..NET "immediately", once there is a clear "roadmap", that said if they
were worried they have probably "jumped ship" by now .. and as for
Linux.. if its not paying off.. leave it behind for now. Sad but
commercial reality I think. Be more worried about compile win64 code
which I am pretty sure you are aware of.
The strength of Delphi/C++ Builder was always in the number of
components available off the shelf. That has suffered somewhat in the
years where DevCo had no control .. Recreate something that and its
good times again .. you delivered productivity and won developer
support in the past .. I am sure you can do it again.
I will add to that I can code ASM/C/C++/DELPHI/C# .. I am not on the
..NET bandwagon yet though ?Delphi was chosen for its productivity :)

Re:Suggestions from a would be Turbo Pro customer

"Mark Stals" <geen.rommel@aub>writes

It would be even better if Turbo Pro was available as a download.
As I have understood Explorer and Pro is the same thing, except for a
license file which enables additional features. Someone correct me, if I'm
wrong.
The question remaining is how to buy a license file?
Regards
Uffe

Mark Stals writes:
It would be handy if there was a link/article on
www.turboexplorer.com on how to buy the Pro versions.

Go to the link you posted... scroll down to the bottom.