CodeGear developper network down again

2007-03-02 03:06:11 AM
delphi175
Hello,
once more your website is down:
(this is: dn.codegear.com/delphi)
Server Error in '/' Application.
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does
not exist or access denied.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
Stack Trace:
[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean&
isInTransaction) +472
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString
options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
SiteCentral.SiteCentralHttpHandlerFactory.RedirectTO(HttpContext
context, String requestType, String url, String path)
borland.bdn.urlmanager.BaseUrlRewriteHttpHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext
Context, String requestType, String url, String path)
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig) +699
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+95
completedSynchronously) +175
Greetings
Markus

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

Markus.Humm writes:
once more your website is down:
<sigh>Yes, thanks for letting us know.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

Nick,
| <sigh>Yes, thanks for letting us know.
I still couldn't get to it at 15:15 PT.
03/01/2007 15:19:27
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Q Correll writes:
I still couldn't get to it at 15:15 PT.
That's because I am still trying to find an uncorrupted backup. But
thanks for letting us know.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com

Markus.Humm writes:
once more your website is down:
blogs.codegear.com/johnk/archive/2007/03/01/32603.aspx
--

John Kaster (CodeGear) writes:
That's because I am still trying to find an uncorrupted backup.
Ouch, sounds {*word*193}. Good luck!
--
Robin.
Australian Bridal Accessories := www.bridalbuzz.com.au

Markus.Humm writes:

>once more your website is down:

blogs.codegear.com/johnk/archive/2007/03/01/32603.aspx

You indicated that you're going to triple redundancy because double
redundancy has failed twice. Wouldn't this increase the odds of the
system failing a third time??? <G>
David Erbas-White

David Erbas-White writes:
You indicated that you're going to triple redundancy because double
redundancy has failed twice. Wouldn't this increase the odds of the
system failing a third time??? <G>
LOL.
Geeze, I sure HOPE it doesn't work this way.
This is two days of my life I'd really love to have back.
Thanks for the comic relief. I desperately needed it.
--

Markus.Humm writes:
Hello,

once more your website is down:
(this is: dn.codegear.com/delphi)
Once they move to Delphi for PHP, it will work well :-)

David Erbas-White writes:
John Kaster (CodeGear) writes:
>Markus.Humm writes:
>
>>once more your website is down:
>
>blogs.codegear.com/johnk/archive/2007/03/01/32603.aspx

You indicated that you're going to triple redundancy because double
redundancy has failed twice. Wouldn't this increase the odds of the
system failing a third time??? <G>
I really think that they should outsource it instead of doing such a
dismal job inhouse.

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

On 1 Mar 2007 20:41:04 -0800, "John Kaster (CodeGear)"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Geeze, I sure HOPE it doesn't work this way.
I suggest you go NASA style on this one: have four identical servers,
and have a controller server which replicates all queries to each of
them. If one of them disagrees on the answer, remove it from the
group. When there's only two left, halt the website.
In addition, have a fifth server which has only been fed the data, but
not used for queries, which has completely different hardware (ie
different motherboard brand, disk controller brand, preferably
different os too, etc). This should help you know which ones of the
two left might be bad, and which is good.
A bit expensive perhaps, but I think you will get pretty good uptime :)
- Asbjørn

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

SQL Server is very nice ! ;)
That's because I am still trying to find an uncorrupted backup. But
thanks for letting us know.

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

Once they move to Delphi for PHP, it will work well :-)
Only if they switch to Linux ;)

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

>Once they move to Delphi for PHP, it will work well :-)

Only if they switch to Linux ;)
So is that an official rumour then ?
Delphix for PHP will run on Linux ?
:-)

Re:CodeGear developper network down again

John,
| that is because I am still trying to find an uncorrupted backup. But
| thanks for letting us know.
<commiserating giggle>
I'm just now getting my system somewhat re-stabilized after FOUR WEEKS
of "restoration" after a couple of Registry cleaners thoroughly trashed
it. I had to go back to a three (now four) months old archive. And
some things still aren't "right." <sigh>
Anyone know how Add/Remove Programs (Control Panel in XP SP2) can still
show several component packages (old LMD Tools and Woll2Woll IP and
1stClass for D5, D6, Delphi 7 and BDS 2005) that haven't been on the system
for almost two years? And when I try to "uninstall" them they
disappear from the Add/Remove display but reappear the very next time
Add/Remove Programs is opened? I am now on my third "restoration" and
I've essentailly given up... <sigh>
--
Q <sometimes I hate 'puters>
03/02/2007 10:02:05