Incident Reporting

2006-05-04 10:39:41 PM
delphi202
I think its great that Borland decided to add crash reporting into the
BDS....
But what do you do when you fill out all the info, press Send and get the
following:
Error!
Access violation at address 0060B5A6 in module 'cobugcgi.exe'. Read of
address
00000007
Apparently I need to send a report on the send report subsystem! LOL
<sigh>This is is BDS2006 SP2 on an XP Pro system.
Jef

Re:Incident Reporting

J. Clarke writes:
Apparently I need to send a report on the send report subsystem! LOL
It was a known problem with bdn logins, you have a bdn and a qc login,
one was broken (I maybe wrong as to which) however Im surprised it isnt
working still..
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re:Incident Reporting

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
It was a known problem with bdn logins, you have a bdn and a qc login,
one was broken (I maybe wrong as to which) however Im surprised it isnt
working still..
"Surprised" it putting it mildly. A crash while trying to use an automated
reporting tool is hugely dispiriting for users, and also means Borland
probably only getting a fraction of the automated feedback that they hoped
for.
It's QC #22387, and was reported within days of the BDS2006 release.
- Roddy

Re:Incident Reporting

Roddy Pratt writes:
It's QC #22387, and was reported within days of the BDS2006 release.
If you log in with the other account (eg which ever one you arent using
now eg qc or bdn) it would work
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re:Incident Reporting

probably only getting a fraction of the automated feedback that they hoped
for.
you assume... maybe they didn't want any<g>