REPLACEMENT FOR BDE!?!

Does any one know of an engine that we can use instead of BDE to
connect to sybase?
I would list the reasons/problems why, but there are too many.
The main one though is the inability to edit the result of a
multi-Table query in a DBGrid.

Thanks
Roman Vinnik
rv-li...@aztec.co.za

Re:REPLACEMENT FOR BDE!?!

> Roman Vinnik (rv-li...@aztec.co.za) wrote:
> Does any one know of an engine that we can use instead of BDE to
> connect to sybase?
> I would list the reasons/problems why, but there are too many.

If Sybase has an ODBC driver then why not use native ODBC connectivity?
Check out the ODBC Express site at http://www.adam.co.za.

Roger Weiss
(rog...@iafrica.com)
South Africa

Re:REPLACEMENT FOR BDE!?!

Roman wrote:

> Does any one know of an engine that we can use instead of BDE to
> connect to sybase?
> I would list the reasons/problems why, but there are too many.
> The main one though is the inability to edit the result of a
> multi-Table query in a DBGrid.

> Thanks
> Roman Vinnik
> rv-li...@aztec.co.za

There is a tool called Apollo, formerly known as Rocket, by Successware.
We used Rocket in quite a few projects outside the Delphi world - but
haven't really done useful stuff with the Apollo engine. (Successware
International, 27349 Jefferson Ave., Temecula, CA, phone (909) 6999657)

Matthias

Other Threads