Printing client-side?

> 2. Printing:  How in the world does one use the client-side printer from a
> web-application?

one doesn't use it directly. The conventional approach is to have a
"printable
version" link and leave it to the user to print it. There is a print routine
which
prompts the user to print

Grahame

Re:Printing client-side?

"Grahame Grieve" <grah...@kestral.com.au> wrote in message

> > 2. Printing:  How in the world does one use the client-side printer from
> > web-application?

> one doesn't use it directly. The conventional approach is to have a
> "printable
> version" link and leave it to the user to print it. There is a print
routine
> which
> prompts the user to print

I wasn't very clear before, I'm printing  a large amount mailing labels with
barcodes into Avery stock.  Driving directions or a map from Mapquest are
just fine with a printable version but I need real print control.  So three
things I need are:

1. Printing more than a single page of information  (sometimes up to 20-30)
2. Precise placement of the labels on the paper so the labels line up in the
cavities
3. Using printer resolution to create the best quality barcodes.  A 600dpi
printer can produce higher density and better looking barcodes than a 300dpi
for example.

Sounds like this can't be done in Delphi?  Anyone prove me wrong?

Simian

Other Threads