DB-Library Network communications layer not loaded

Hello.

Does anybody know why I receive this error message when trying to connect to
MS SQL Server 7. I can't connect from my applications and from BDE
Administrator. Query Analyser and ODBC (from Excel) works fine. I am using
SQL Links to connect. I have this problem on only one computer (of more than
80 connecting to this server).

I have reinstaled MSSQL Client on this computer two times.

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Branko

Re:DB-Library Network communications layer not loaded

Put  this  Dll  ntwdblib.dll in the windows  system folder

"Branko" <branko.starasinic@nospam..danfoss-cmpr.si> wrote in message

> Hello.

> Does anybody know why I receive this error message when trying to connect
> MS SQL Server 7. I can't connect from my applications and from BDE
> Administrator. Query Analyser and ODBC (from Excel) works fine. I am using
> SQL Links to connect. I have this problem on only one computer (of more
than
> 80 connecting to this server).

> I have reinstaled MSSQL Client on this computer two times.

> Thanks for any info.

> Regards,
> Branko

Re:DB-Library Network communications layer not loaded

Hello.

I did that. It didn't help. I have even reinstalled SQL Server Client
software. I've spent one whole day fixing this computer. Nothing helped.
Next day I decided to format disk and reinstall everything. It works now and
it took only tree hours.

Regards,
Branko

"Ionut" <now...@zenit.com> wrote in message news:3c84e1e0_1@dnews...
> Put  this  Dll  ntwdblib.dll in the windows  system folder

> "Branko" <branko.starasinic@nospam..danfoss-cmpr.si> wrote in message
> > Hello.

> > Does anybody know why I receive this error message when trying to
connect
> > MS SQL Server 7. I can't connect from my applications and from BDE
> > Administrator. Query Analyser and ODBC (from Excel) works fine. I am
using
> > SQL Links to connect. I have this problem on only one computer (of more
> than
> > 80 connecting to this server).

> > I have reinstaled MSSQL Client on this computer two times.

> > Thanks for any info.

> > Regards,
> > Branko

Re:DB-Library Network communications layer not loaded

FYI: http://www.microsoft.com/data/

Eric

Re:DB-Library Network communications layer not loaded

Hi Branko
You need instal MDAC of Microsoft. I had this problem with conection.
Katia

>Hello.

>Does anybody know why I receive this error message when trying to connect to
>MS SQL Server 7. I can't connect from my applications and from BDE
>Administrator. Query Analyser and ODBC (from Excel) works fine. I am using
>SQL Links to connect. I have this problem on only one computer (of more than
>80 connecting to this server).

>I have reinstaled MSSQL Client on this computer two times.

>Thanks for any info.

>Regards,
>Branko

Message sent from http://www.aewnet.com