IBServer in Linux with Windows clients

What do I have to writte in Hostname and Alias in IBConsole to connect with
a IBServer that is in Linux.

Re:IBServer in Linux with Windows clients

hostname: The name of your Linux box. Note that you must edit hosts file (in
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM for Windows 9X/ME and \WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC for Window
NT/2K) if you aren't using DNS in your network. Alternative to hosts file
and DNS, you can put the IP address.

Alias: The name you want for that server.

Note that you can connect IBConsole only to Super Server version.

Sergio Samayoa wrote:

> Alternative to hosts file
> and DNS, you can put the IP address.

The IP address will only work if you are running Winsock 2.0 or higher (most
people are).  Novell's TCP/IP winsock will fail for instance if you are running
it as your TCP/IP stack under windows.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Other Threads