Paradox Tables on CD ROM

I am using D5 Pro and Paradox 7.0 Tables. I copied my
Paradox tables to a CD along with a PARADOX.LCK file. When I
run my application to read the Paradox tables (reads only) I
get a 'insufficient disk space' error.
I do have a PDOXUSRS.LCK and PDOXUSRS.NET on CD.
I had this working a couple of months ago but I can not
figure out what I did right.

Any suggestions?

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

I had this problem when trying to do a TQuery - it was because the temp
directory
where the query results are written is pointing to the CDROM. I ficed it by
using:

dbisetprivatedir('<mydirectoryname>')

Also have a look on the inprise site. theres a TI on paradox tables on CDROM
there, though I can't remember the name!

Hope this helps!

Steve

<hclar...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> I am using D5 Pro and Paradox 7.0 Tables. I copied my
> Paradox tables to a CD along with a PARADOX.LCK file. When I
> run my application to read the Paradox tables (reads only) I
> get a 'insufficient disk space' error.
> I do have a PDOXUSRS.LCK and PDOXUSRS.NET on CD.
> I had this working a couple of months ago but I can not
> figure out what I did right.

> Any suggestions?

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

Hi,

check out the Downloads --> Help Files section of the Delphi Pool at
http://www.lmc-mediaagentur.de/dpool.htm

There is a file called cd.zip, which explains that in detail.

HTH
Uwe

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,16333,00.html .

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

"Bill Todd \(TeamB\)" <b...@dbginc.com> wrote:

>See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,16333,00.html .>
>--
>Bill Todd (TeamB)
>(Questions received via email cannot be answered.)

Please read my question.
Read above article. Created Lock File. Transferred to CDROM.
Stll get 'Insufficient Disk Space'.

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

"Uwe Molzahn" <l...@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Hi,>
>check out the Downloads --> Help Files section of the Delphi Pool at
>http://www.lmc-mediaagentur.de/dpool.htm

>There is a file called cd.zip, which explains that in detail.

>HTH

Explained how to create the lock file (which I have done), but didn't answer the question.
Why am I getting insuffucient disk space error. I think paradox needs to open temp files, and is trying to open them on
the CD.
>Uwe

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

Is it possible that you are using the CD for your startup directory? If so,
the BDE is trying to make the directory on the CD your private directory.
Also, what version of the BDE are you using?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

Hi Henry

Did you read the section about the private directory? It sounds as if you
haven't set it, so the BDE assumes it on your CD.

Uwe

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

I read that I can discard the 'PARADOX.LCK' file and only needed to copy the
'PDOXUSRS.LCK' to the CDROM.  Do I need to have a  'PARADOX.LCK' file in the
program's Sub-directory?  How do I specify where the temp files are to be
placed?
Uwe Molzahn wrote:
> Hi Henry

> Did you read the section about the private directory? It sounds as if you
> haven't set it, so the BDE assumes it on your CD.

> Uwe

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

I read that I can discard the 'PARADOX.LCK' file and only needed to copy the
'PDOXUSRS.LCK' to the CDROM.  Do I need to have a  'PARADOX.LCK' file in the
program's Sub-directory?

How do I specify the startup directory and/or the "private" directory?
I believe I am using BDE 5.01(from the BDE administrator's HELP|ABOUT) with D5
Pro.

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" wrote:
> Is it possible that you are using the CD for your startup directory? If so,
> the BDE is trying to make the directory on the CD your private directory.
> Also, what version of the BDE are you using?

> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
> (Questions received via email cannot be answered.)

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

You can set the Session.NetFileDir and Session.PrivateDir before activating
the tables.

> I read that I can discard the 'PARADOX.LCK' file and only needed to copy
the
> 'PDOXUSRS.LCK' to the CDROM.  Do I need to have a  'PARADOX.LCK' file in
the
> program's Sub-directory?

> How do I specify the startup directory and/or the "private" directory?
> I believe I am using BDE 5.01(from the BDE administrator's HELP|ABOUT)
with D5
> Pro.

> "Bill Todd (TeamB)" wrote:

> > Is it possible that you are using the CD for your startup directory? If
so,
> > the BDE is trying to make the directory on the CD your private
directory.
> > Also, what version of the BDE are you using?

> > --
> > Bill Todd (TeamB)
> > (Questions received via email cannot be answered.)

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

>I read that I can discard the 'PARADOX.LCK' file and only needed to copy the
>'PDOXUSRS.LCK' to the CDROM.  Do I need to have a  'PARADOX.LCK' file in the
>program's Sub-directory?

You need a .lck file in any directory where you are accessing Paradox tables

> How do I specify where the temp files are to be
>placed?

use the Session.PrivateDir property.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

Hi

please see "Program and tables on CD, BDE on ..." --> Step 3b (Private
Directory) in the help file. If you follow the description in the help file
step by step, you will get a working example.

Cheers
Uwe

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

Thanks, I set Session.Priv:='directory on desktop' and it works. Thanks.

"Uwe Molzahn" <l...@compuserve.com> wrote:

>please see "Program and tables on CD, BDE on ..." --> Step 3b (Private
>Directory) in the help file. If you follow the description in the help file
>step by step, you will get a working example.

>Cheers
>Uwe

Re:Paradox Tables on CD ROM

That's what I did and it works. Thanks.

"Brad Prendergast" <br...@bpsoftware.com> wrote:
>You can set the Session.NetFileDir and Session.PrivateDir before activating>the tables.

><hclar...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> I read that I can discard the 'PARADOX.LCK' file and only needed to copy
>the
>> 'PDOXUSRS.LCK' to the CDROM.  Do I need to have a  'PARADOX.LCK' file in
>the
>> program's Sub-directory?

>> How do I specify the startup directory and/or the "private" directory?
>> I believe I am using BDE 5.01(from the BDE administrator's HELP|ABOUT)
>with D5
>> Pro.

>> "Bill Todd (TeamB)" wrote:

>> > Is it possible that you are using the CD for your startup directory? If
>so,
>> > the BDE is trying to make the directory on the CD your private
>directory.
>> > Also, what version of the BDE are you using?

>> > --
>> > Bill Todd (TeamB)
>> > (Questions received via email cannot be answered.)

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads