REQ: info about using Paradox Tables on a local Network

    Greetings, Delphi-users.

I'm a young frenchie (24 y/o) and I'm a very rookie in Delphi programming.
Since I have to develop a database application before july 99, I will come
and write here several times to ask for some questions. I understand my
questions can seem very funny as they're so evident to answer to.
But, please, be fair to answer them. After all, each of us had been a
beginner... and I'm very willing to learn about this great and powerful
devtool.

So, my first question is this one...

Q_01 : I use Delphi 4 Professionnal version. In the developper handbook,
they talk about the difference between a local database, and an SQL database
for using on network. But they also talk about using a "local database on a
local network" and that Delphi Pro version does not authorize creating SQL
Database. So can I use an application (on 1, 2 or 3 PC) wich refers to
Paradox tables located on another PC (wich could be called server ?)
How can I do this ?

I thank you in advance for you answering.
Cheers

Ludovic.

_____
Amitis Satori.../Satorianly yours...

Ludovic 'Heures hindoues' Piot

"Les gens raisonnables ont dur, les passionns ont vcu."
"Reasonable people lasted, passionate lived." (de Gaulle)

  studies: Ethology of Marine Mammals

  address: 8, rue Gustave Charpentier
  94240 l'Hay les Roses
  FRANCE
  ph./fax: +33 (0)1 46 87 80 45
 cellular: +33 (0)6 11 43 70 33
   mailto:ed...@club-internet.fr

Re:REQ: info about using Paradox Tables on a local Network

>Q_01 : I use Delphi 4 Professionnal version. In the developper handbook,
>they talk about the difference between a local database, and an SQL database
>for using on network. But they also talk about using a "local database on a
>local network" and that Delphi Pro version does not authorize creating SQL
>Database. So can I use an application (on 1, 2 or 3 PC) wich refers to
>Paradox tables located on another PC (wich could be called server ?)
>How can I do this ?

You can do this, and the the answers to how can be found at
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI2989.html

Good luck,
-Peter

Other Threads