Setting security on a file

 Hello, I am looking for a way to set the security on a file. I want to
do this from C++ (Windows NT or 98) Does anyone have any information on
how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Bob

Re:Setting security on a file

I've never used 98, so I don't know this for certain, but I don't think you
can set file level security in 98. In NT, you can do this using the
SetFileSecurity Win32 API function.
--
Randy Charles Morin
Author of Programming Windows Services

Feel free to contact me by private email or messenger
MSN Messenger - morin_ra...@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger - randymo...@yahoo.com

"bzg" <bs...@qwest.net> wrote in message news:3B4A5690.C7E3745B@qwest.net...

>  Hello, I am looking for a way to set the security on a file. I want to
> do this from C++ (Windows NT or 98) Does anyone have any information on
> how to do this.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thank you, Bob

Other Threads