help, I hate the Pdoxusr.LCK

In article <345E5076.4...@ticketmaster.ca>, "Joseph H. Tian"

<jose...@ticketmaster.ca> writes:
>Hi,

>I have make a program with Delphi 2.0/Paradox.  Running it on several
>computers on network, to Read/Write a Paradox DB saved in one computer.

>The problem is when there is a program open the DB, it will generate a
>Pdoxusr.LCK file the path of the DB, the file provent all other program
>from the network access the DB.

>What is function of Pdoxusr.LCK?

>How can I get rid of this file, and make several program at least can
>read a DB on the meantime?

>My mail: jose...@ticketmaster.ca

>Thanks a lot

PDOXUSRS.LCK is the file that is placed in the shared directory that
functions to point to the PDOXUSRS.NET file, which controls locking of
records.  All simultaneous users of a shared directory must point their
engines to use a common net file.  This is done either in the engine
configuration (the NetDir entry in the Paradox driver) or via a
Session.NetDir := '\\server\share'; command in Delphi.

This is well documented in the Delphi documentation as well as numerous
TIs at Borland's web site.  RTFM!

/js

Re:help, I hate the Pdoxusr.LCK

Hi,

I have make a program with Delphi 2.0/Paradox.  Running it on several
computers on network, to Read/Write a Paradox DB saved in one computer.

The problem is when there is a program open the DB, it will generate a
Pdoxusr.LCK file the path of the DB, the file provent all other program
from the network access the DB.

What is function of Pdoxusr.LCK?

How can I get rid of this file, and make several program at least can
read a DB on the meantime?

My mail: jose...@ticketmaster.ca

Thanks a lot

Other Threads