Having Trouble with Deleting Records using Local Interbase

Hello,

I am attempting to Delete records from a table that is part of an
interbase database.  I have tried using the standard DELETE method on
the table which returns a Function not supported error, and a DELETE
query which gives me the error that the table is Read Only.  I have
checked the property for this table and it is not set to be Read
Only.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions
as how I can remedy this problem, I am new to Interbase and any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lan Norwood

Re:Having Trouble with Deleting Records using Local Interbase

On 1 Feb 96 17:18:37 -0800, LNorw...@msn.com (Lan Norwood) wrote:

>I am attempting to Delete records from a table that is part of an
>interbase database.  I have tried using the standard DELETE method on
>the table which returns a Function not supported error, and a DELETE
>query which gives me the error that the table is Read Only.  I have
>checked the property for this table and it is not set to be Read
>Only.

>Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions
>as how I can remedy this problem, I am new to Interbase and any help
>would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to checking the RequestLive property of the TQuery component,
also check the CanModify property. Even though you may set the RequestLive
property to True, a result set may still not be read-write (see the
Database Application Developer's Guide, page 120, in the section entitled
"Getting a live result set," for more details on relationships between the
RequestLive and CanModify properties and live result sets).

The TTable component, too, has a CanModify property. If, for whatever
reason, the table cannot be opened in a modifiable mode, the CanModify
property will be False -- regardless of how you set the ReadOnly property.

Steve Koterski                    "Knowledge advances by steps, and not by
Product Group Manager             leaps."
Delphi Technical Support                       -- Lord Macaulay, 1800-1859
Borland International, Inc.

Other Threads