Looking for an inexpensive component to create Image Thumbnails

Other then Jedi it carries too much over head.

Re:Looking for an inexpensive component to create Image Thumbnails

Sorry about this double post

There is one other free pack as the Jedi's in
the codecentral. I do not recall the author
though, but its was build to serve html pages
by the author, so it might be more suited
to your needs. Just search for thumbnail
and you will find it.

regards
johnnie.

Re:Looking for an inexpensive component to create Image Thumbnails

> Other then Jedi it carries too much over head.

What do you meen overhead. What is that you do not like on the
Jedi thumbnails components.

I think I can make some changes no promises though.

regards
johnnie.

Bill wrote:
> Other then Jedi it carries too much over head.

Have a look at Graphics32 at http://g32.org/. I use this for producing
thumbnails because it generated the thumbnails of the best quality that I
have seen. It's very fast, too, and has low overhead.

Lars Dybdahl.

--
Dybdahl Engineering
http://dybdahl.dk/

Re:Looking for an inexpensive component to create Image Thumbnails

I guess the overhead was a wrong word. I looked at the site and there are a
few hundered components that I do not want to add to my pallet. I found a
good  sample application that uses three Jfunctions. I dont know if there is
a way to install just the base units with out components. Thhanks to all you
guys helping.

"Johnnie" <N...@Noware.non> wrote in message

> > Other then Jedi it carries too much over head.

> What do you meen overhead. What is that you do not like on the
> Jedi thumbnails components.

> I think I can make some changes no promises though.

> regards
> johnnie.

Re:Looking for an inexpensive component to create Image Thumbnails

> I guess the overhead was a wrong word. I looked at the site and there
> are a few hundered components that I do not want to add to my pallet.
> I found a good  sample application that uses three Jfunctions. I dont
> know if there is a way to install just the base units with out
> components. Thhanks to all you guys helping.

Yes it is I'll send you a small package tomorrow which will
install only the thumbnails if it is permited by the JVCL
license I do not see anything that would create a problem
but I better ask before doing so in the worst case you will
have to download the jvcl source only destribution and I will
send a package which will install only the thumbnails.
As for the jcl library it can be  downloaded and installed
seperatly it doesn't add any components to your component
pallete and is used by adding the units you need to your
unit's uses clause.

Regards
Johnnie.

Re:Looking for an inexpensive component to create Image Thumbnails

"Lars B. Dybdahl" <L...@dybdahl.net> wrote in

> Bill wrote:
>> Other then Jedi it carries too much over head.

> Have a look at Graphics32 at http://g32.org/. I use this for producing
> thumbnails because it generated the thumbnails of the best quality
> that I have seen. It's very fast, too, and has low overhead.

> Lars Dybdahl.

maybe www.imageen.com

i use their graphic tool. Thumbnail support is present but i'm not using it

Roberto

Other Threads