Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?

i am using ado to access a access97 database
it is ok to browse the data
but once i change the record ,it prompt an error message
"Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?"
the adotable component has been set to:
readonly:=false
locktype:=ltOptimistic
tabledirect:=true
cursortype:=ctDynamic
cursorlocation:=clUseClient
-----
the datachanging statements as follow:
table1.Edit ;
dblocation.PasteFromClipboard ;
table1.Post ;
-----
does anyone will help me please? thanks

Re:Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?

Sorry, it's not really an answer, but I had the same problem in some cases
and it disappears. But I really don't know how !!!

Are you using an TADOTable or TADODataset ?

Frederic

"greenflute" <webmas...@chinasite.net> a crit dans le message news:
38f1c39d@dnews...

> i am using ado to access a access97 database
> it is ok to browse the data
> but once i change the record ,it prompt an error message
> "Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?"
> the adotable component has been set to:
> readonly:=false
> locktype:=ltOptimistic
> tabledirect:=true
> cursortype:=ctDynamic
> cursorlocation:=clUseClient
> -----
> the datachanging statements as follow:
> table1.Edit ;
> dblocation.PasteFromClipboard ;
> table1.Post ;
> -----
> does anyone will help me please? thanks

Re:Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?

Try SELECT myField1, myField2, myField3 ... FROM myTable
instead of SELECT * FROM myTable. This works for me with MS SQL.

Regards, Joachim
from Mainz/Germany

Re:Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?

In article <VA.00000009.209e317b@ue1>, uersf...@pc-team.de says...
> Try SELECT myField1, myField2, myField3 ... FROM myTable
> instead of SELECT * FROM myTable. This works for me with MS SQL.

> Regards, Joachim
> from Mainz/Germany

you may want to click on

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/4/31.asp

--
Ron

please fix anti-spam address to reply
Hate Spam?  automated parse and reply
http://spamcop.net/

Re:Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?

Ron,

it is'nt only a Problem with dBase, it also happens with MS SQL Server
6.5

Joachim

Re:Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?

I search the microsoft knowledge base and find the answer is to set
CursorLocation=clUseServer.
thank all of you very much

best regards

"greenflute" <webmas...@chinasite.net> wrote in message

> i am using ado to access a access97 database
> it is ok to browse the data
> but once i change the record ,it prompt an error message
> "Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing?"
> the adotable component has been set to:
> readonly:=false
> locktype:=ltOptimistic
> tabledirect:=true