Delphi, isapi, ms sql 7

Hi.
I made a simple isapi dll, which is connected to ms sql 7 sever.
I use TDatabase component, and:
TDatabase.AliasName:=database; // an alias defined in odbc
TDatabase.DatabaseName:= uni;
TDatabase.Connected:=true;

I put a login name and password into TDatabase.Params, and everything is
fine, because i can do everything in design time. But when I compile my
isapi, in browser i become this error:

Internal Server Error 500
Exception: EDBEngineError
Message: Unknown database. Alias: uni

Can you help me?

Ps.
The code is 100% correct, because, everything had worked fine before I
reinstalled my OS (win nt).
The same code used in desktop application is working fine.
I think there is a problem with connection  ms sql 7 ->odbc->iis->isapi

win nt 4 server (stand alone), iis4, ms sql 7, delphi4

Please SEND ME COPY to priv!

--
I to tyle...
Stawik.pl  icq 54139765

Re:Delphi, isapi, ms sql 7

Jacek,

   This may sound like a silly question, but since everything worked before
you re-installed your OS, did you forget to re-configure the ODBC after
re-installation?   The ODBC link should show up in the BDE Administrator.

Good luck,
krf

Re:Delphi, isapi, ms sql 7

Jacek "Stawik" Stawicki wrote in message <39cf840f_1@dnews>...
>I made a simple isapi dll, which is connected to ms sql 7 sever.
>I use TDatabase component, and:
>TDatabase.AliasName:=database; // an alias defined in odbc
>TDatabase.DatabaseName:= uni;
>TDatabase.Connected:=true;

>I put a login name and password into TDatabase.Params, and everything is
>fine, because i can do everything in design time. But when I compile my
>isapi, in browser i become this error:

>Internal Server Error 500
-
>Exception: EDBEngineError
>Message: Unknown database. Alias: uni

To access the database from an ISAPI module, you need to specify the machine
name, so in the ODBC DSN's path to the database, try adding the machine name
in front, e.g:

localhost:c:\somedirectorypath\theMSSQLdatafilename

--
Wayne Niddery (WinWright Inc.)
RADBooks - http://members.home.net/wniddery/

Re:Delphi, isapi, ms sql 7

> To access the database from an ISAPI module, you need to specify the
machine
> name, so in the ODBC DSN's path to the database, try adding the machine
name
> in front, e.g:

> localhost:c:\somedirectorypath\theMSSQLdatafilename

Thank you Wayne !!!

I made one mistake, I tried to make User DSN instead of System DSN (or File
DSN)
And now, everything is working fine.

--
I to tyle...