ENoResultSet on stored procedure that actually returns a result set

Hi!
I am really experiencing strange problems. I use Delphi 5. I developed an
application using MS SQLServer 7.0 and BDE 5.01. In the app I have a
TDatabase and some TQuery components. All works fine. At one single place in
the app I call a stored proc that returns rows. On SQLServer 7.0 it works
nicely.
Now I am deploying the app to a SQLServer 6.5 (I made sure I didn't use any
7.0 specific syntax), and almost
everything works fine, except the stored proc! On 6.5 I get an ENoResultSet
exception. If I log on to the 6.5 database with isql and executes the stored
proc manually, I get a resultset.
I tried to use a TStoredProc component and also to use a TQuery component.
Same result (ENoResultSet).
The most strange thing is, that when I tried to debug it, I used the exact
same ODBC driver, I only changed the server name in the DSN configuration
when switching between 7.0 and 6.5.
My only option now is to upgrade the 6.5 to 7.0, but I think it is rather
drastic.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong here??

Regards,

Michael Johansen