Again: BDE 5.01/Oracle8 (.0.4) Personal Edition installation problems

Hi,

I know many more out there had problems configuring the BDE for Oracle8
Personal Edition. However, all the answers to those problems I found did not
solve my problem. This is the case:

BDE and Oracle8 is installed on a Win95 machine;
A Oracle developer installation is done (so everything should be there);
The ORACLE BDE driver settings are as follows:
DLL32 = SQLORA8.DLL
VENDOR INIT = OCI.DLL
NET PROTOCOL = TCP/IP
SERVER NAME = BEQ-LOCAL.WORLD

SQLORA8.DLL and OCI.DLL are copied to \ORAWIN95\BIN and \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
(should be enough I guess);
Copied ORA80?.DLL to \WINDOWS\SYSTEM;

Added an ORACLE alias with also the server name BEQ-LOCAL.WORLD.

After that I started the database (I am able to make a connection with SQL
Plus 8.0).
Now when I try to connect the database using the alias just mentioned, I
will get the following error:

Cannot load an IDAPI service library
File: SQLORA8.DLL

What am I doing wrong???

Regards,
Ramon Rockx

Re:Again: BDE 5.01/Oracle8 (.0.4) Personal Edition installation problems

Two things I can see.  First off leave the Net Protocol to TNS.  Secondly make
sure that the \orawin95\bin is in the path.  All of Oracles tools will work with
it not in the path, all third party tools will not.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a

Re:Again: BDE 5.01/Oracle8 (.0.4) Personal Edition installation problems

I have the same problem.

Did you solve this already???

Bye,

Rob van der Leer
rl...@lnm.nl

Ramon Rockx heeft geschreven in bericht <7klij5$5...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hi,

>I know many more out there had problems configuring the BDE for Oracle8
>Personal Edition. However, all the answers to those problems I found did
not
>solve my problem. This is the case:

>BDE and Oracle8 is installed on a Win95 machine;
>A Oracle developer installation is done (so everything should be there);
>The ORACLE BDE driver settings are as follows:
>DLL32 = SQLORA8.DLL
>VENDOR INIT = OCI.DLL
>NET PROTOCOL = TCP/IP
>SERVER NAME = BEQ-LOCAL.WORLD

>SQLORA8.DLL and OCI.DLL are copied to \ORAWIN95\BIN and \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
>(should be enough I guess);
>Copied ORA80?.DLL to \WINDOWS\SYSTEM;

>Added an ORACLE alias with also the server name BEQ-LOCAL.WORLD.

>After that I started the database (I am able to make a connection with SQL
>Plus 8.0).
>Now when I try to connect the database using the alias just mentioned, I
>will get the following error:

>Cannot load an IDAPI service library
>File: SQLORA8.DLL

>What am I doing wrong???