mssql7+D4.03+BDE5.01+storedprocs problem

I drop on a TDatabase and connect then try a stored proc and select
databasename then try and select stored proc (using northwind as example)
and i get error Table does not exist invalid object name 'sysprocedures'..
BUT if i type the name in manually and set the params manually i can fill a
dbgrid with the stored proc result.

in design time -
Also, i think this is related, setting the parameters with a value and the
correct name e.g. @someparamname i then set active to true and get a general
sql error , i set active to true again and get Possible network error: bad
token from sql server. datastream processing out of sync...
Then i set active to true again and it works inconsist or what!!!

i have all the latest updates for delphi/bde/nt.

Can ne1 help.

Re:mssql7+D4.03+BDE5.01+storedprocs problem

Remove the ";1" from the stored proc name, then click the parameters
property again to configure them as input or output. Adding the "dbo." to
the beginning of the stored proc name may help, too.

mark_courtnell wrote in message <7cri77$9...@forums.borland.com>...
>I drop on a TDatabase and connect then try a stored proc and select
>databasename then try and select stored proc (using northwind as example)
>and i get error Table does not exist invalid object name 'sysprocedures'..
>BUT if i type the name in manually and set the params manually i can fill a
>dbgrid with the stored proc result.

>in design time -
>Also, i think this is related, setting the parameters with a value and the
>correct name e.g. @someparamname i then set active to true and get a
general
>sql error , i set active to true again and get Possible network error: bad
>token from sql server. datastream processing out of sync...
>Then i set active to true again and it works inconsist or what!!!

>i have all the latest updates for delphi/bde/nt.

>Can ne1 help.

Re:mssql7+D4.03+BDE5.01+storedprocs problem

Not sure what you mean about the ";1"
But found the main reason for not being able to automatically select a
stored procedure its because theres been a change in MSSQL7 which now stores
the SP refs in the syscomments table and not the sysprocedures table so i
presume this will need a fix from borland? otherwise we just have to enter
manually.
Bruce wrote in message <7cu04p$bq...@forums.borland.com>...
>Remove the ";1" from the stored proc name, then click the parameters
>property again to configure them as input or output. Adding the "dbo." to
>the beginning of the stored proc name may help, too.

Re:mssql7+D4.03+BDE5.01+storedprocs problem

When you drop a stored procedure component on a form or select it, the
StoredProcName property has a drop down list. If you select one of your
procedures (after assigning the database name to a TDatabase component), it
will have ;1 appended to it.

mark_courtnell wrote in message <7d03kg$d...@forums.borland.com>...
>Not sure what you mean about the ";1"
>But found the main reason for not being able to automatically select a
>stored procedure its because theres been a change in MSSQL7 which now
stores
>the SP refs in the syscomments table and not the sysprocedures table so i
>presume this will need a fix from borland? otherwise we just have to enter
>manually.

>Bruce wrote in message <7cu04p$bq...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Remove the ";1" from the stored proc name, then click the parameters
>>property again to configure them as input or output. Adding the "dbo." to
>>the beginning of the stored proc name may help, too.

Re:mssql7+D4.03+BDE5.01+storedprocs problem

Another quick way I have found to do this, without having to redefine all of
your parameters again is to convert all of the DFMs to TXT files using
Borland's Convert utility.  Then just modify the TXT file to remove the ;1 -
then run convert again on the TXT to put them all back to DFMs.  Open the
project and do a build all and you are finished.

Bruce <rdxjc8...@fss.co.orange.ca.us> wrote in message

> Remove the ";1" from the stored proc name, then click the parameters
> property again to configure them as input or output. Adding the "dbo." to
> the beginning of the stored proc name may help, too.

Other Threads