Grant rights to maintain table

Which rights should I grant for a user to create table, drop table and alter
table?

--
Simon Leung

Asia Professional Development Ltd.
Email : si...@asiapro.net
Tel:   +852 3123 4127
Fax:  +852 3123 4568

Re:Grant rights to maintain table

You can't really grant rights to do that.

1) Each user can create a table and will become the table owner
2) Only the table owner or SYSDBA can drop or alter the table

IB 6.5 comes with a new metadata security feature, which I haven't
tried so far. Probably someone else can jump in here.

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

In article <3cede291$1_1@dnews>, t...@iblogmanager.com says...
> IB 6.5 comes with a new metadata security feature, which I haven't
> tried so far. Probably someone else can jump in here.

        It doesn't affect the ability to create or drop tables, just the
ability to read and write system tables directly.

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads