How to call oracle stored-procedure in dbExpress

I have a oracle stored procedure that in a package.
When I call the stored procedure by using TSQLDataset, it cannot get the
meta-data for the parameters of the the stored procedure, so it raise a
run-time error.
How to call a stored procedure in a package?

Re:How to call oracle stored-procedure in dbExpress

Is this D6 or D7.  D6 has known issue with packages.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:How to call oracle stored-procedure in dbExpress

NO!  They have fixed some of these issues in D7.  I don't know
if everything is fixed because the D7 driver won't work with
8i, which is what we are on.

--

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:32:33 +0800, "Star" <h...@kingstargroup.com>
wrote:

>I use D6 with update pack 2.
>Have this bug fixed in new update pack for D6?

No.

I can confirm that I called a packaged stored procedure returning a
result set from D7 today, but only from a TSQLStoredProc.
TSQLStoredProc now has a 'Package' property which you set separately
from the procedure name property.  This is fine, but it does mean you
don't seem able to use a TSQLDataSet for packaged procedures ... or if
you can, the way you do so isn't uniform with respect to
TADOStoredProc.

Russ

Re:How to call oracle stored-procedure in dbExpress

Don't tell me :-), tell them.  Talk to John or David I.  They are
suppose to be our contacts.  I have already pissed some people off
at Borland with my complaining (about bugs).

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:How to call oracle stored-procedure in dbExpress

Is that possible to move the stored proc out of the package? I had the same
experience, (I am using D6) and finally the way out is to move the procedure
out fo the package

david

"Star" <h...@kingstargroup.com> wrote in message

> I have a oracle stored procedure that in a package.
> When I call the stored procedure by using TSQLDataset, it cannot get the
> meta-data for the parameters of the the stored procedure, so it raise a
> run-time error.
> How to call a stored procedure in a package?

Other Threads