system windows close button apparently disabled when maximized

In Delphi3 or Delphi5 if I have a MDIChild Form active and maximized and I
create an other identical MDIChild Form it appears also maximized but the
system windows close button (the little up right one, with a x) appears in
grey but it works fine (you can close the form). The System Menu option is
ok. If I minimize de form and re-maximize it appears ok. The minimize and
the normalize buttons are always ok.
Is this a Delphi bug? What can I do?
It seems a refresh problem but there is no way to access these buttons.

It's a serious problem because I cannot pass the Logo Certification Windows
2K

Really thanks.

Re:system windows close button apparently disabled when maximized

"Manolo Garca" wrote:
> In Delphi3 or Delphi5 if I have a MDIChild Form active and maximized and I
> create an other identical MDIChild Form it appears also maximized but the
> system windows close button (the little up right one, with a x) appears in
> grey but it works fine (you can close the form). The System Menu option is
> ok. If I minimize de form and re-maximize it appears ok. The minimize and
> the normalize buttons are always ok.

> Is this a Delphi bug? What can I do?
> It seems a refresh problem but there is no way to access these buttons.

> It's a serious problem because I cannot pass the Logo Certification Windows
> 2K

I think it's a problem with Windows.  I have a small example I found in this
group which will show you how to fix it.  Send me an e-mail if you want it.

Mauro

Re:system windows close button apparently disabled when maximized

Problem solved tree lines up.
See "Possible MDI close button and window menu fix"
Max's Solution is in Delphi 5 and I have modified it to Delphi 3.

Re:system windows close button apparently disabled when maximized

Cool :-)

Max

"Manolo Garca" <mgar...@consoft.es> wrote in message

> Problem solved tree lines up.
> See "Possible MDI close button and window menu fix"
> Max's Solution is in Delphi 5 and I have modified it to Delphi 3.

Other Threads