SQL syntax question

Hi all,
I would like to know if there is anybody who has a solution for my
problem. I need to represent datas from a single table in a cross
format. The table has the following fields : QSTART, QEND, DENSITY,
PRICE. I would like to create an SQL to obtain a grid layout like this:

                                            DENSITY (1)     DENSITY (2)

QSTART   QEND                  PRICE (1)           PRICE (2)

Where, obviously, every record express the price for a given density and
a range of quantities.I thought I should group the results by QSTART and
QEND and add a column for each density. So I tried out this:

SELECT A.QSTART, A.QEND,
(SELECT AMOUNT FROM TEST B WHERE B.QSTART = A.QSTART AND B.QEND = A.QEND

AND DENSITY = '10 Kg')  AS COLA,
(SELECT AMOUNT FROM TEST B WHERE B.QSTART = A.QSTART AND B.QEND = A.QEND

AND DENSITY = '11 Kg')  AS COLB
FROM TEST A WHERE DENSITY = '10 Kg'

but an other reader (Mr. Holscher) told me that this is possible just
with MS implementation of SQL. How can I obtain this kind of result with
Borland SQL?

Thank in advance

Best regards

Stefano