BDE 4.51 & InstallShield

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the InstallShield
that comes with D2 will not properly install BDE 4.51 if a
version of the BDE already exists on the target computer?

The merge fails (and, of course, InstallShield can't find
BDECFG32.EXE)

Does ISX that comes with D3 work?  I didn't bother installing
it...since I already had an ISX on the machine.
--
Daniel J. Wojcik
woj...@liaeur.21taacom..army.mil

Re:BDE 4.51 & InstallShield

In article <01bd1a71$2a127040$8fd52393@wojcikd>, "Daniel J. Wojcik"
<woj...@liaeur.21taacom.army.mil> writes

>Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the InstallShield
>that comes with D2 will not properly install BDE 4.51 if a
>version of the BDE already exists on the target computer?

>The merge fails (and, of course, InstallShield can't find
>BDECFG32.EXE)

>Does ISX that comes with D3 work?  I didn't bother installing
>it...since I already had an ISX on the machine.

It's definitely much better, and will do a complete 4.0 install. However
it omits the DAO35 (access 97) driver and possibly the native foxpro
driver which are both new to 4.5. Interestingly the ISX for VDBase 7
(which comes with BDE 4.51) uses the same BDE script and so omits these
as well.
--
Mark Williams                   M...@polyhedron.co.uk

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Programs for Programmers - QA, Compilers, Graphics

************ Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/ ************

Re:BDE 4.51 & InstallShield

Daniel

>Does ISX that comes with D3 work?  I didn't bother installing
>it...since I already had an ISX on the machine.

No, it does not work either. The problem seems to be with the InstallShield
script which contains the names of the BDE files to distribute.
Unfortunately, with the InstallShield Express shipped with Borland products,
we cannot edit this script, only the professional version of IS allows you
to do so.

what I suggest is that if anyone has the Pro version (this would include
BORLAND!) please create a new script with the missing files and post it some
where we can all get it... just a thought.

Paul Jaime
pja...@interactive.net

Other Threads