"General exception" DBE message.

Hi,

I use to catch all the message coming from BDE, like BDEnigneError as follows:

procedure TMyForm.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  // ....
  Application.OnException := AppExcHandler;
  //  ...
end;

procedure TMyForm.AppExcHandler(Sender: TObject; E: Exception);
begin
  if (E is EDBEngineError) then
    ShowMessage('DataBase error: ' + E.Message)
end;

But I'm not able to catch the 'General exception' ones.
Does anyone know some hints in regards ? I tried adding the check as follows:

  if (E is EGPFaults) then

but I got the 'identifier not declared' compilation error message due to
EGPFaults.

Any suggestion is really appreciated, please respond to the following email:

m-fen...@ti.com

Bye,
Maurizio.

Re:"General exception" DBE message.

Fenati Maurizio wrote:
>   if (E is EGPFaults) then

                                 ^^^^^

> but I got the 'identifier not declared' compilation error message due
> EGPFaults.

Typo: EGPFault

W.L.

Other Threads