Difference between TP7.0 and TP7.01

What's the differences between the two...and where do I acuire the
latest?

From Paul
Quantum Business Systems
www.quantumsystems.com.au
Remove * from my email address to send me private message

Re:Difference between TP7.0 and TP7.01

Paul (*po...@altavista.net) wrote:

: What's the differences between the two...and where do I acuire the
: latest?

The difference is that TP7.0 has several bugs that are fixed in 7.01.
Unfortunately Borland/Inprise doesn't feel it's worthwile to put the
bugfix on the web. Please complain there. But be prepared to explain
them what Turbo Pascal is, most people there seem to have never
heared of it. Some have reported here recently that it helps to ask
for replacement disks, they are relatively cheap and do contain
the latest bug fixed version.

Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg
hartn...@uni-freiburg.de   http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/

Re:Difference between TP7.0 and TP7.01

Within the last few months, I was able to download what appears to be
the official BP7.01 update from some obscure web site.  The original
format was probably two 5-1/4" floppys, and it consisted of only the
modified files.  When installed, all the files are stamped 3/9/93,
7:01a.
Lance.

----- f:\bpupd.701\disk1\readme.txt-----
            Welcome to Borland Pascal with Objects 7.0
                      Maintenance Release

This README file contains instructions for installing the
Borland Pascal with Objects 7.0 (BP7) maintenance release.
This maintenance release fixes several minor compatibility
problems that have been reported in the compiler, IDEs,
and the Borland protected mode Dos extender, as well as minor
miscellaneous bugs in the demo programs.

This maintenance release contains only the files which have been
changed from the original BP7 file set.  You must have BP7
installed in order to use this maintenance release.  See BP7.DIF
on the install disk for a complete list of all the revised
BP7 and Run Time Library (RTL) files included in this package.
(etc...)
-----

----- f:\bpupd.701\disk1\bp7.dif -----
These are the files which will be updated by the
BP7 Maintenance Release:

BIN <DIR>
   BP.EXE
   BPW.EXE
   TURBO.TPL
   TURBO.EXE
   DPMI16BI.OVL
   RTM.EXE
   RTMRES.EXE
   PRNFLTR.EXE
   TPUMOVER.EXE
   BPC.EXE
   TPP.TPL
   TPC.EXE
   TPW.TPL
   BUILDSYM.EXE
   EXEMAP.EXE
   TMAPSYM.EXE
DOC <DIR>
   UTILS.TD
UNITS <DIR>
   DIALOGS.TPP
   DIALOGS.TPU
   DRIVERS.TPP
   HISTLIST.TPP
   HISTLIST.TPU
   OBJECTS.TPP
   OBJECTS.TPU
   OUTLINE.TPP
   OUTLINE.TPU
   STDDLG.TPP
   STDDLG.TPU
   VIEWS.TPP
   VIEWS.TPU
   GRAPH.TPP
   GRAPH.TPU
   OBJECTS.TPW
   ODIALOGS.TPW
   WINDOS.TPU
EXAMPLES <DIR>
   DOS <DIR>
      TVDEMO <DIR>
         ASCIITAB.PAS
         TVRDEMO.PAS
      TVFM <DIR>
         EDITPAL.PAS
         FILEFIND.PAS
   WIN <DIR>
      PAINT <DIR>
         BITMAPS.PAS
      TOOLBAR <DIR>
         TOOLBAR.PAS
   DOCDEMOS <DIR>
      TV <DIR>
         TUTOR.PAS
         TUTOR06A.PAS
         TUTOR06B.PAS
         TUTOR07.PAS
         TUTOR11A.PAS
      OWL <DIR>
         PEN.RES
   TASM <DIR>
      DLLPROG.DEF
      DLLPROG.MAK
      DLLPROG.ASM
      WINPROG.ASM
      WINDOWS.INC
      WINPROG.ASH
      WINPROG.DEF
      WINPROG.H
      WINPROG.ICO
      WINPROG.INC
      WINPROG.MAK
      WINPROG.RC
   CHESS <DIR>
      CHESS.DLL
RTL <DIR>
  COMMON <DIR>
     OBJECTS.PAS
  OWL <DIR>
     ODIALOGS.PAS
  SYS <DIR>
     DAPP.ASM
     F87H.ASM
     LONG.ASM
     LOVF.ASM
     WLIB.ASM
  TV <DIR>
     DIALOGS.PAS
     HISTLIST.PAS
     OUTLINE.PAS
     STDDLG.PAS
     SYSINT.ASM
     VIEWS.PAS
  WIN <DIR>
     WINDOS.PAS
     WINPROCS.PAS
-----

On Thu, 03 Dec 1998 15:39:59 GMT, Higgi...@ftc-i.SpAmZaP.net wrote:
> Fixes include some range and overflow checks with byte and shortint which were
> implemented incorrectly in both the RTL and TurboVision.  The only severe bug
> was the shift bug (SHL and SHR) for longint operands with shift values between
> 16 and 31.  This was a processor dependent bug which I _think_ was caused by
> assuming a 386 or better processor was available.

The bug was in 386-specific versions of longint-SHL and SHR which was
excecuted only if the processor was a 386+. It was caused by the
assumption that a shift left by CL on DX:AX could be implemented as

        SHLD DX,AX,CL
        SHL  AX, CL

on a 386+. The implementors were not aware of the (documented) fact
that SHLD/SHRD and SHL/SHR are undefined for CL>=16 if the target and
source are 16 bit objects. On many INTEL processors DX will be 0 after

        SHLD DX,AX,CL

if CL>=16, whatever the value of AX is. On some models it behaves as
expected and DX will contain AX shl (CL-16).

Regards
Horst

Other Threads