Diff. between PASCAL&DELPHI

Hello ,
I wana learn what are the main differences between PASCAL and DELPHI?
Is there a FAQ of this newsgroup where i can get more info.
Thanx in advance.

Ulas Ergin                                http://www.ceng.metu.edu.tr/~e1097344
Middle East Technical University          e1097...@ceng.metu.edu.tr
Dept.of Computer Engineering              e109...@orca.cc.metu.edu.tr
3rd year student
Ankara,TURKEY

Re:Diff. between PASCAL&DELPHI

  Really simple:  Pascal is Pascal...   Delphi is Visual Pascal....  That's
it:  No other differences...  (some of the code is different because of the
windows environment ...  --  Most of these 'changes' are descirbed in
Delphi's manuals and/or readme files....)

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

ulas ergin wrote in message <6ulksr$bi...@kemer.cc.metu.edu.tr>...

>Hello ,
>I wana learn what are the main differences between PASCAL and DELPHI?
>Is there a FAQ of this newsgroup where i can get more info.
>Thanx in advance.

>--

----
>Ulas Ergin           http://www.ceng.metu.edu.tr/~e1097344
>Middle East Technical University          e1097...@ceng.metu.edu.tr
>Dept.of Computer Engineering           e109...@orca.cc.metu.edu.tr
>3rd year student
>Ankara,TURKEY

----

Re:Diff. between PASCAL&DELPHI

Oh?

So we'll just ignore the differences in the programming model, OO,
Delphi specific extensions to ISO pascal?

MH.

--
Martin Harvey

mailto:mar...@aziraphale.demon.co.uk
http://www.harvey27.demon.co.uk/mch24/

Re:Diff. between PASCAL&DELPHI

In article <3611166E.123D...@aziraphale.demon.co.uk>, Martin Harvey
<mar...@aziraphale.demon.co.uk> writes
>Oh?

>So we'll just ignore the differences in the programming model, OO,
>Delphi specific extensions to ISO pascal?

>MH.

Really, you should define Borland's/Inprise as the 'standard' pascal
well it would be if they didn't add new language features in. ISo Pascal
is impossible to use for anything except teaching. Wirth's definition of
Pascal was flawed through incompleteness. (Random Access files,
libraries, strings?) and ISO Pascal was hardly any better!

--
David H. Bolton

"Because I'm worth it"
(Remove spam from header if replying)