HELP: Can′t create Referencial Integrity With Paradox Tables

I need help.
I have two Tables, which are as follow:

Table1: Types
Field1: TypeCod - Autoincrement - Key
Field2: TypeName - Alpha - 20

Table2: Person
Field1: PersonCod - Autoincrement - Key
Field2: TypeCod - LongInteger
Field3: Name - Alpha - 40
Field4: Address - Alpha - 40
Field5: Phone - Number

And I tried to create a referencial integrity to connect TypeCod in
Person with TypeCod in Types.
I made it as follows:
1. Reestructure Table Person
2. Choose Referencial integrity
3. Clicked Define
4. Choose Child Field TypeCod from Table Person
5. Choose Parent Field TypeCod from Table Types
6. Choose Cascade and Strict
7. Clicked OK
8. Named referencial integrity as RefTypeCod and click Ok.

As a result of the above steps an error appeared to me when I tried to
save the table. The error informed me that the name I gave to the
Referencial Integrity wasn't valid.

Please tell what am I doing wrong and how to make it well.

If it's not to much to ask I would appreciate that you tell how can I
change the directory of the WORK alias.

Thanks in advance.

Milt

Re:HELP: Can′t create Referencial Integrity With Paradox Tables

Milt <bfe2...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> ... The error informed me that the name I gave to the
> Referencial Integrity wasn't valid.

Are your tables in the same directory?  Probably, but it's the
only thing which comes to mind.  You might like to try the
sample program RIDEMO.ZIP at Delphi Super Page
(http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/) to see if it works.
What you described sounds ok to me; sorry I can't be
more helpful right now.

Design Engineer            Hobart, Tasmania     Ph +613 62313083
Otago Technologies P/L     Australia            Fx +613 62313086

Other Threads