Delphi32 (Windoze 95) reviewed in PCUser Magazine (UK)

There is a comparison of Visual Basic Enterprise Edition 4.0 and
an early beta of Delphi for Windoze 95 in the 20 September issue of
PC User Magazine (EMAP Publications, UK).  Featurewise, the magazine
reckons there isn't much in it - VB is ahead in the area of remote
automation and remote query processing, and ships with the complete
SourceSafe system for version control.  However, the new optimising
compiler with Delphi produces code which exceutes 300-400% faster than
version 1.0.  Where there are tight iterative loops, Delphi is very
much better than VB 4.0.

It looks as though Image Editor and ReportSmith are to be dropped
(no comment).  A shipping date of December is 'probable' (PC User
publishes fortnightly).

John

+---------------------+------------------------------------------------------+
 John P.McCreesh      |  Internet: jpmccre...@pines.demon.co.uk
 Forbo-Lancaster Ltd. |  X.400:    c=GB,a=CWMAIL,p=FORBO,g=John,s=McCreesh
 Lancaster, England   |  Voice:    +44 (0) 1524 65222  Fax: +44 (0) 1524 61638

Re:Delphi32 (Windoze 95) reviewed in PCUser Magazine (UK)

"John P.McCreesh" <jpmccre...@pines.demon.co.uk> wrote:

[deletia]

>It looks as though Image Editor and ReportSmith are to be dropped
>(no comment).  A shipping date of December is 'probable' (PC User
>publishes fortnightly).

Did the article say this?

--
* LT Nick Hodges, USN                     Naval Postgraduate School     *
* jnhod...@nps.navy.mil                Information Technology Management*

Re:Delphi32 (Windoze 95) reviewed in PCUser Magazine (UK)

John P.McCreesh (jpmccre...@pines.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: There is a comparison of Visual Basic Enterprise Edition 4.0 and
: an early beta of Delphi for Windoze 95 in the 20 September issue of
: PC User Magazine (EMAP Publications, UK).  Featurewise, the magazine
: reckons there isn't much in it - VB is ahead in the area of remote
: automation and remote query processing, and ships with the complete
: SourceSafe system for version control.

Yes, but only the Enterprise system. The standard VB 4.0 & the
professional VB 4 does not have this SourceSafe system.

--
"...I'll leave my mind beneath the mat, so you can let yourself in,
if you can stand the mess then stay, but i'm not entertaining..."

Other Threads