Indy TidFTP error 'Transfer Complete'

Hi There,

I'm writing an FTP routine that frequently uses the Indy TidFTP.ChangeDir
method, however there are certain times when the method fails with an
EidProtocolReplyError error with message 'Transfer Complete'.  Anyone any
idea what's causing this?  It seems more like an information message than an
error to me!

Thanks,

Rob

Re:Indy TidFTP error 'Transfer Complete'

[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and
a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3cea0040$1_1@dnews>, rboo...@synstar.com says...

> Hi There,

> I'm writing an FTP routine that frequently uses the Indy TidFTP.ChangeDir
> method, however there are certain times when the method fails with an
> EidProtocolReplyError error with message 'Transfer Complete'.  Anyone any
> idea what's causing this?  It seems more like an information message than an
> error to me!

My guess is that there could have been a bug in IdFTP that caused it not
to read a previous reply the server had sent.  Than you change
directories and the server than issues another reply.  The one that is
read is the one that was issued before the ChangeDir command.  That
would throw Indy off because the ChangeDir would treat the first reply
as abnormal.  Please try the latest IdFTP client from the Indy snapshot
files and see if that works better.

HTH.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Chairperson, Distribution Team, Indy Pit Crew
Internet Direct (Indy) Website - http://www.nevrona.com/Indy

Other Threads