fade-in and fade out a form

  I don't have a specific answer, but you may want to check out a fade

component I wrote:

http://www.torry.ru/vcl/graphics/harmfade.zip

  It is a TGraphicControl descendant, and (I think) could be used for
your purposes.  It's free w/source, but has some assembler code that's a
little difficult to follow.  The included demo shows how to do a screen
capture of whatever is beneath the control, so you could cover your
form, capture it, then use the fader to make it look like your form is
fading.  It uses ScanLine, so will only work with D3 or D4.  It does not
use palette, it's designed for 16 or 24 bit screen resolution.

  The basic premise of this fade approach is to change the RGB values by
a percentage of the difference between the original and ultimate RGB
values.

  Another place to check is Earl F. Glynn's Computer Lab pages, he has
some easier to follow examples there:

 http://infomaster.net/external/efg/

--
Harm  (remove thebaragain for email)

"Two major products came out of Berkely in the 70's;
Unix and LSD.  It's not a coincidence."

Re:fade-in and fade out a form

anybody knows how to fade-in and fade out a form(by palette, I
think)....in high or true color mode.........

thanks

Ben Chan
ben_c...@usa.net

Re:fade-in and fade out a form

>anybody knows how to fade-in and fade out a form(by palette, I
>think)....in high or true color mode.........

You could take a look at http://www.teemach.com/formcontainer

Regards,
Francisco Sanchez
formcontai...@apdo.com