fc TURBO.EXE TPX.EXE /b

Just what *is* the the differance between the TURBO IDE and the TPX
IDE.  They both look exactly the same to me.

--

                                          -Richard Griffiths
                                           richard.griffi...@zetnet.co.uk

Re:fc TURBO.EXE TPX.EXE /b

In article <4e315e$...@irk.zetnet.co.uk>
           richard.griffi...@zetnet.co.uk "Richard Griffiths" writes:

> Just what *is* the the differance between the TURBO IDE and the TPX
> IDE.  They both look exactly the same to me.

TURBO is the same as the older DOS IDE's, it runs in the usual 640k of memory.
TPX is a protected mode program, it makes use of the extended memory, this
means you can compile much bigger programs.

          /----------------------------------------------------------\
          | Nigel Goodwin   | Internet : nig...@lpilsley.demon.co.uk |
          | Lower Pilsley   |                                        |
          | Chesterfield    |                                        |
          | England         |                                        |

Re:fc TURBO.EXE TPX.EXE /b

                                                 25 Jan 96

Hi folks,

  richard.griffi...@zetnet.co.uk (Richard Griffiths)  wrote on 23.01.96 at /COMP/LANG/PASCAL/BORLAND
under the topic of "fc TURBO.EXE TPX.EXE /b" (MsgID: 4e315e$...@irk.zetnet.co.uk)

 rg> Just what *is* the the differance between the TURBO IDE and the TPX
 rg> IDE.  They both look exactly the same to me.

 TPX uses XMS-memory, TURBO only uses standard memory.

 cu

 Hendrik

Re:fc TURBO.EXE TPX.EXE /b

>   richard.griffi...@zetnet.co.uk (Richard Griffiths) writes:
>  Just what *is* the the differance between the TURBO IDE and the TPX
>  IDE.  They both look exactly the same to me.

Maybe someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe the difference is that the TURBO IDE works with only the first 640K of ram in Real mode, and the
TPX IDE is capable of using your EMS by running in Protected mode.

Re:fc TURBO.EXE TPX.EXE /b

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Nigel Goodwin wrote:
> > Just what *is* the the differance between the TURBO IDE and the TPX
> > IDE.  They both look exactly the same to me.

> TURBO is the same as the older DOS IDE's, it runs in the usual 640k of memory.
> TPX is a protected mode program, it makes use of the extended memory, this
> means you can compile much bigger programs.

  It also has the 'Symbol Browser' functions.

--
Ben Scott
bsc...@hopper.unh.edu

"Ten thousand years wasn't enough...no lifetime was enough, unless you lived
it in such a way as to make it enough." -- Larry Niven, "Cautionary Tales"

Other Threads