Quitting Excel 98 and/or 2000 from olecontainer in D5

I have an olecontainer on a form and embed excel w/in the container.  I am
using the XlWorksheet and XlApplication server components to control things.
All works well until I go to close the form.  I am using that event to
systematically "quit" excel.  I want to save changes to the worksheet, close
the worksheet, close excel, and close the olecontainer.  I was originally
disconnecting the worksheet and then issuing an olecontainer.DestroyObject
to do this.  This worked on some pc configurations but caused excel.exe
errors on others.  Will someone please let me know the best (most stable)
way to accomplish this?

Thank you,
Scott