Delphi 2 - Any good books to recommend ?

I'm a student and wish to learn how to develop applications using Delphi 2. Can somebody
please point me to a good book for beginners.
Thanks in advance.

Re:Delphi 2 - Any good books to recommend ?

Mun Keong, Wong wrote:

> I'm a student and wish to learn how to develop applications using Delphi 2. Can somebody
> please point me to a good book for beginners.
> Thanks in advance.

"Teach Yourself Delphi 2 in 21 Days" by Dan Osier (Borland Press/Sams
Publishing) is a good choice for beginners.  The book is well-thought out
and clearly written (although it probably should have been proofed more
carefully - there are some errors in the source code).  The book is well
balanced, covering a wide variety of topics, including graphics, database
access, OLE, and creating your own components.

I also appreciated that they omitted the companion disk, made the source
files available via FTP and CIS, and chopped $5 off the cover price as a
result.

-- Sandra A. Lee

"Mun Keong, Wong" <wong...@pl.jaring.my> wrote:

#I'm a student and wish to learn how to develop applications using
#Delphi 2. Can somebody
#please point me to a good book for beginners.
#Thanks in advance.

Try out _Database Developers Guide with Delphi 2_ by Ken Henderson,
Borland Press/SAMS Publishing.  Its much better than most of the SAMS
books I have looked at.  The ISBN# is 0-672-30862-2.  I am about 1/3
of the way done with it.

Mike J.

Re:Delphi 2 - Any good books to recommend ?

>"Teach Yourself Delphi 2 in 21 Days" by Dan Osier (Borland Press/Sams
>Publishing) is a good choice for beginners.

It is a pretty good book.  I'm happy I bought it.  What I didn't like
about it is you had to work your way to day 9 before you started
getting serious with using Delphi.  I would have liked to have more
hands on stuff starting at day 1.

Take Care, Zack Jones
z...@hom.net

Other Threads