TTable vs TQuery - Next ?

Hello...

I am loading a virtual listview (actually a Tlist of pointers), anyway the
problem is in my loading procedure I am using a TTable and loading each
record.  For a table with 10,000 records this is very slow, however, if I
use a TQuery component then it loads in a matter of a few seconds.  I
believe that the TTable is doing more processing when I issue TheTable.Next
whereas the TheQuery.Next is not.  I am not sure what is going on. Of course
very slow.

Does anyone know what is happing here and how I can solve this dilemma?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

--
Cheers,
S. Adams