native BDE Access 2000 driver?

Hey all.

Is there no native BDE driver for Access 2000? When I try to set up a data
source in the BDE Administrator (BDE v5.1.1.1) using a native driver, it
works fine for an Access 97 data file but fails on a Access 2000.

We have been using the Borland Datapump with native drivers to move Access
databases to MS SQL Server. Using the pump and native driver worked better
than MS tools because they didn't do weird things to the data types.

--
Thanks,

Bob Castleman
bob@<S_P_A_M_killer>successware21.com

Re:native BDE Access 2000 driver?

Bob Castleman wrote:

> Hey all.

> Is there no native BDE driver for Access 2000?

No there is not.

> When I try to set up a data
> source in the BDE Administrator (BDE v5.1.1.1) using a native driver, it
> works fine for an Access 97 data file but fails on a Access 2000.

That is because for A2K native access is through the Jet OLE DB provider and not
through DAO3.6 (which only exposes a subset of the Jet 4.0 provider).  MS
changed what the native way to get at A2K.  Borland introduced ADO Express so
that is how you should go at A2K natively or use ODBC with the BDE.

> We have been using the Borland Datapump with native drivers to move Access
> databases to MS SQL Server. Using the pump and native driver worked better
> than MS tools because they didn't do weird things to the data types.

Unfortunately MS changed the rules on Borland.

> --
> Thanks,

> Bob Castleman
> bob@<S_P_A_M_killer>successware21.com

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Other Threads