Connecting to Access 97 Databases using native driver

Help!

In Delphi 3.0 Client/Server, will I be able to connect to an Access 97
database using the native MSACCESS driver if I install Office 95 and then
upgrade straight to Office 97?
Apparently, the MSACCESS driver will not work with Access 97 databases
unless DAO 3.0 is installed and this comes with Office 95.  (Office 97 uses
DAO 3.5 with which the native MSACCESS driver will not work).

Does anyone know of a driver that will work? or will I have to connect via
ODBC?

Martyn Davies

mart...@powys.gov.uk

Re:Connecting to Access 97 Databases using native driver

On 29 Sep 1998 08:51:46 GMT, Martyn Davies wrote:

>Apparently, the MSACCESS driver will not work with Access 97 databases
>unless DAO 3.0 is installed and this comes with Office 95.  (Office 97 uses
>DAO 3.5 with which the native MSACCESS driver will not work).

The latest BDE (5.0, which is included with Delphi 4) supports either
DAO 3.0 or 3.5. You can download the latest BDE from Inprise's Web
site.

sig://boB/TeamB

Re:Connecting to Access 97 Databases using native driver

If you are trying to connect to an Access 97 database make sure you have the
DLL32 parameter of the MSACCESS driver set to IDDA3532.DLL.

--
Bill Todd