InterBase and Protocol

I have a Interbase running on an Windows NT 4.0 server and the only way I can
connect with it from my Windows 95 workstation is by using NetBEUI.  When I
try to use Novell SPX I get the following error message "The requested server
is an unsupported version.  Server Manager can only connect to server
verisons. 4.0 or later".  The really weird part of this whole thing is that I
do not have NetBueui support installed on the client. I only have IPX/SPX
installed.   Does Interbase come with built in NetBEUI support? What do I need
to do to connect via SPX?