Help neede with playing sound files.

Hi,

Is there anyone who know who to trigger a soundfile in memory, or have a
unit for this.
I would like to be able to trigger the soundfile and then during the playing
of the soundfile put some graphics on the screen.

If there is anyone who could help me, I would be very thankfull.

Thanx, Thijs

Re:Help neede with playing sound files.

In article <74mirc$bn...@reader2.wxs.nl>, volumeregel...@hotmail.com
says...

> Hi,

> Is there anyone who know who to trigger a soundfile in memory, or have a
> unit for this.
> I would like to be able to trigger the soundfile and then during the playing
> of the soundfile put some graphics on the screen.

> If there is anyone who could help me, I would be very thankfull.

the SWAG archives have loadsa pascal units for playing soundfiles from
memory, so i suppose thats what you're after :o)... to save you d'loading
the entire archive (it is useful, but it also *big*), let me know the
type of soundfiles, and exactly what you'd like to be able to do & i'll
forward you a copy of one of these units.... :o)

hope this helps

martin fitzpatrick

--
Email: poohsti...@pmail.net
ICQ#: 11077801

"When God made time, He made *plenty* of it"...

Re:Help neede with playing sound files.

Use Stefan Goehler's SOUNDLIB or E. Brodsky's SMIX. They can play a sound on
a soundblaster in the background. BUT: SOUNDLIB has problems with EMM386
(only in DOS mode), while SMIX needs HIMEM.SYS (XMS) and does some clicking
(switching to protmode, moving memory and back to realmode).

http://rpolzer.home.pages.de (SpongeWars uses SMIX, you'll hear the
clicking).

Thijs schrieb in Nachricht <74mirc$bn...@reader2.wxs.nl>...

>Hi,

>Is there anyone who know who to trigger a soundfile in memory, or have a
>unit for this.
>I would like to be able to trigger the soundfile and then during the
playing
>of the soundfile put some graphics on the screen.

Other Threads