Board index » delphi » Newbie - Delphi6 PE missing stuff ?

Newbie - Delphi6 PE missing stuff ?

Hi there.
I downloaded Delphi 6 Personnal Edition and installed it. It seems to work
good, but following the tutorial I finaly come to the step "Adding support
for a menu and a toolbar" where I have to do this :
"On the Additional page of the Component palette, double-click the
ActionManager component to drop it onto the form"
but I have no ActionManager button... and there doesn't seem to be one in
any page of the tool-bar.
Searching arround in the help, I realise that I can't access some places of
it (the help is uncomplete)

well... I'm a bit lost.

Catox

 

Re:Newbie - Delphi6 PE missing stuff ?


"Catox" <zeca...@yahoo.fr> skrev i en meddelelse:

Quote
> but I have no ActionManager button... and there doesn't seem to be one in
> any page of the tool-bar.

Well, I also downloaded Delphi 6 personal a few
days ago, and gradually I realised, that vital parts
deliberately is missing, so that I actually can't
evaluate it on projects of my interest.

I also realised, that most of the free stuff available
on the internet can't compile due to missing
components in the Delphi 6 personal.

So, in the end I really can't evaluate Delphi 6, so
for me it means, that I'll have to return to my VB6
enterprise version :-(

best regard

Arne

Re:Newbie - Delphi6 PE missing stuff ?


If you want to evaluate, order the trial CD.  It contains D6 Enterprise.
The Personal edition does lack several components, but then again it's
free...

-hh-

Quote
"Arne Eckmann" <a...@eckmann.net> wrote in message

news:3c7943be$0$10827$edfadb0f@dspool01.news.tele.dk...
Quote
> "Catox" <zeca...@yahoo.fr> skrev i en meddelelse:

> > but I have no ActionManager button... and there doesn't seem to be one
in
> > any page of the tool-bar.

> Well, I also downloaded Delphi 6 personal a few
> days ago, and gradually I realised, that vital parts
> deliberately is missing, so that I actually can't
> evaluate it on projects of my interest.

> I also realised, that most of the free stuff available
> on the internet can't compile due to missing
> components in the Delphi 6 personal.

> So, in the end I really can't evaluate Delphi 6, so
> for me it means, that I'll have to return to my VB6
> enterprise version :-(

> best regard

> Arne

Re:Newbie - Delphi6 PE missing stuff ?


"HenkH" <henk...@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse:

Quote
> If you want to evaluate, order the trial CD.  It contains D6 Enterprise.
> The Personal edition does lack several components, but then again it's
> free...

Yes, you are absolutely right - only that it wasn't
until 6 hours later I realized, that the Enterprise
is available as a trial.

I agree with you, that it's perfectly okay that
components are missing in a free version.

Now, since I want to evaluate D6 in respect to
database handling, I will download the trial
version.

Best regard
Arne

Other Threads