HTML File Launch From a Delphi Application

What I have is a help file in the form of a series of HTML pages. I have a
menu item called 'HTLM Help' and the effect that I want is that, when the
user clicks on this command, the index.htm page of the series is
automatically launched in whatever default browser the user may have
configured (exactly as when I double click on a file with the HTM extension
in my Windows Explorer). I figure there must be a straightforward way to do
this in Delphi, but am confused by all the FileOpens and OpenFIles and
AssignFiles that I find in the online help.

Any suggestions for a six-week newbie?

Many thanks,

Elisa Francesca Roselli

Re:HTML File Launch From a Delphi Application

God I'm stupid!!

Please no one waste time answering this question. All I have to do is use
the very same TaisWebLauncher component that I downloaded from Apogee and
that I've already used on another form of the same application. Where's my
HEAD!!?

Retreating, embarrassed,
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Elisa F Roselli <100144.2...@compuserve.com> a crit dans le message ...

>What I have is a help file in the form of a series of HTML pages. I have a
>menu item called 'HTLM Help' and the effect that I want is that, when the
>user clicks on this command, the index.htm page of the series is
>automatically launched in whatever default browser the user may have
>configured (exactly as when I double click on a file with the HTM extension
>in my Windows Explorer). I figure there must be a straightforward way to do
>this in Delphi, but am confused by all the FileOpens and OpenFIles and
>AssignFiles that I find in the online help.

>Any suggestions for a six-week newbie?

>Many thanks,

>Elisa Francesca Roselli

Other Threads