NNTP GetNewsgroupList (Indy 9)

I need a little help here.

1. Is there anyway to gracefully abort GetNewsgroupList ?
2. Anyone have a nice clean FAST method for using GetNewsgroupList?
Depending on how I store the results and what is displayed it takes between
30s to over 2min for it to complete.

Thanks

Dave

P.S. Reply to group the e-mail is fake.

Re:NNTP GetNewsgroupList (Indy 9)

"Dave" <NOS...@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in news:3d691ce1$1@newsgroups.borland.com:

> 1. Is there anyway to gracefully abort GetNewsgroupList ?

Binding.CloseSocket is the best you can get, the protocol does not support
aborting it.

> 2. Anyone have a nice clean FAST method for using GetNewsgroupList?
> Depending on how I store the results and what is displayed it takes between
> 30s to over 2min for it to complete.

Try storing it in a TFileStream.

   Want more Indy stuff? Try the Atozed Indy Portal at
        http://www.atozedsoftware.com/
    * More Free Demos
    * Free Articles
    * Extra Support