Internal error L1030 with Indy 8.0/Delphi 6 Personal

I have been stymied trying to get Indy 8 to work with Delphi 6 Personal,
the closest I got was a successful compile of .PAS files from the
command prompt, but attempts to compile the project file from the prompt
and from inside IDE both produce Fatal internal error L1030. This
happens for any Indy-using project. BTW the way I got Indy on this
machine is I simply copied components that came with Delphi Pro and the
Indy demos did work in the Pro version. Sorry I couldn't manage to build
Indy 8.0 successfully from the install you offer for d-load, the .BAT
file just makes a bunch of errors.

Any advise appreciated,

Rusty