Where can I get TCP/IP sock module for Borland Pascal

Hi Everybody,

  I need the TCP/IP module/api for Borland Pascal (for DOS&packet
driver).

Thanx for all helps!

  Bye
    Fooly

Re:Where can I get TCP/IP sock module for Borland Pascal

In article <32590A1C.6...@sztaki.hu> fulaj...@sztaki.hu "Pal Fulajtar" writes:
> Hi Everybody,

>   I need the TCP/IP module/api for Borland Pascal (for DOS&packet
> driver).

If you have delphi (or delphi 2.0) you can compile
(DOS) applications which can access the winsock
TCP/IP stack. Other than that, I have no idea!

hope this helps

--
News Reader Silverstone

At 02:00 9-10-96 GMT, Someone wrote:

>> Hi Everybody,

>>   I need the TCP/IP module/api for Borland Pascal (for DOS&packet
>> driver).

>If you have delphi (or delphi 2.0) you can compile
>(DOS) applications which can access the winsock
>TCP/IP stack. Other than that, I have no idea!

>hope this helps

>--
>News Reader Silverstone

I know this is a hot item for the pascal programmers, there were a lot of
questions already in this newsgroup about accessing the TCP/IP stack from DOS.
So could the one who posted the message give an example or tell how
to compile a DOS program with Delphi and access the winsock TCP/IP stack.

awaiting answers,

Richard.

Email : R.Provo...@systems.schelde.com

We're all sorry for the other guy when he loses his job to a machine.
But when it comes to your job -- that's different.  And it always will
be different.
                -- McCoy, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4729.4

Re:Where can I get TCP/IP sock module for Borland Pascal

In article <1996Oct11.065811.15...@arl.mil>
           R.Provo...@systems.schelde.com "Richard Provoost" writes:

> At 02:00 9-10-96 GMT, Someone wrote:

[snip]

> I know this is a hot item for the pascal programmers, there were a lot of
> questions already in this newsgroup about accessing the TCP/IP stack from DOS.
> So could the one who posted the message give an example or tell how
> to compile a DOS program with Delphi and access the winsock TCP/IP stack.

> awaiting answers,

> Richard.

Hi,

As you know (or should do) you can compile programs for delphi
on the command line with dcc (or dcc32)

Thus, just write a program as you would for a normal
DOS pascal compiler, and in your USES clause
add Winsock.

I think this will work (I haven't tried it myself, but A friend
of mine has & has written a small FTP application for the command prompt)

--
News Reader Silverstone

Other Threads