Application with database without database

Hello,

I know the subject look strange ;-)

Do you think it's possible to create an application, this application have a
"kind of" database but without any database (no ORacle, no SQL Srver, no
Interbase, no MySQL,....). For example, is it possible to use text files
like a "database".

Do you have experience with that ?

It's for small application.

Thanks,

Christian,

Re:Application with database without database

Check out this site

http://jansfreeware.com/

and try JanSQL... I think that is the application name.

Pete

"Christian Ista" <mailing-l...@istasofts.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I know the subject look strange ;-)

> Do you think it's possible to create an application, this application have
> "kind of" database but without any database (no ORacle, no SQL Srver, no
> Interbase, no MySQL,....). For example, is it possible to use text files
> like a "database".

> Do you have experience with that ?

> It's for small application.

> Thanks,

> Christian,

Re:Application with database without database

> did you take a look at the ClientDataSet-Component? It supplies what's
with
> Delphi6 called "MyDB" (or sth. like that).
> It works like a small Database, but without SQL, although you can achieve
> most of the behaviour of SQL in other ways with it.

Hello everyone,

I tried and almost adopt DBIsam very good VCL, I can use it like a real
database...

http://www.elevatesoft.com

Bye

Other Threads