Please help, strange error!

Hi,

I encountered this error while tracing my program recently.
The line that triggered it was a begin (?)....
My program uses pointers. And I'm using TurboPas 7.0 in Real Mode.

Unhandled exception 000E at 01F7 2453 ErrCode 0004

Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?
I can provide further details through email.

Thanks.
Tim

              --== From the Brain of Tim Woelk ==--
University of Manitoba                  umwo...@cc.umanitoba.ca
       "Its not whether you win or lose, its whether I win"

Re:Please help, strange error!

On 20 Nov 1995, Timothy John Woelk wrote:

> Hi,

> I encountered this error while tracing my program recently.
> The line that triggered it was a begin (?)....
> My program uses pointers. And I'm using TurboPas 7.0 in Real Mode.

> Unhandled exception 000E at 01F7 2453 ErrCode 0004

> Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?
> I can provide further details through email.

> Thanks.
> Tim

> --
> --
>               --== From the Brain of Tim Woelk ==--
> University of Manitoba                     umwo...@cc.umanitoba.ca
>        "Its not whether you win or lose, its whether I win"

Need to know more stuff:  Were you using Borland Pascal or Turbo?  Was it
from the IDE?  (Did you type BP or TURBO to start the IDE?)  Generally,
messing with pointers is where the most dangerous bugs crop up.  It
sounds like you have executed code like

p^ := SomeInfo;

when p is not yet defined.  I think there is a compiler option to help
you find this kind of problem - something like NIL POINTER checking.
Good luck, and give more info.

In article 816837536@merak, umwo...@cc.umanitoba.ca (Timothy John Woelk) writes:
>I encountered this error while tracing my program recently.
>The line that triggered it was a begin (?)....
>My program uses pointers. And I'm using TurboPas 7.0 in Real Mode.

>Unhandled exception 000E at 01F7 2453 ErrCode 0004

>Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?
>I can provide further details through email.

It sounds like a pointer problem. Probably need to see your code, mail privately
if you like, but no guarantees !

HTH

Ray Cramer
R...@Pol.ac.uk