using constructors/destructors in autoobjects

Can anyone point me to some info on using/overriding constructors and
destructors of autoobjects?

I was creating an object in the constructor of an object, which was used in
a member function in the same object.  I exposed the object to an
activescripting system, when when called the member function, reported a
"catastrophic failure"... the app didnt report anything about a nil object
though.  I moved the object creation into an init() member function which
was called manually, which seemd to make everything work.

I dont understand why the object was invalid when created in a constructor,
but valid when created in a member function.  Any clues?

--
Brian Smith, a code-monkey first, a goofball second.
http://www.massive.nu

Re:using constructors/destructors in autoobjects

I can see the header of your post on my ISP's copy of this
newsgroup, but it hasn't been sent to Borland's news
server.
That means that most of the people who read
Borland's newsgroups cannot see your post.

To post messages that other people will see, you
need to connect to Borland's servers directly:
either newsgroups.borland.com or forums.borland.com.
Here's a link with instructions if you don't know how:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/newsinfo.html

If you cannot connect directly to newsgroups because
of a firewall, you can post to Borland's newsgroups
via the web pages at http://newsgroups.borland.com/

--
Deborah Pate

Other Threads