Open source dbexpress driver for ODBC (dbxoodbc) problem with USMALLINT fields

I have defined a Pervasive.SQL 2000 Table with some USMALLINT (Unsigned smallint) fields.
In a Delphi application with ADO the persistent fields of the table are defined as TWordField and all works correctly.
If I use dbExpress with the open source Odbc driver the fields of the table are defined as TSmallintField and I have problems handling records containg values greater then 32767.
How can I solve this problem?

Bye.

Re:Open source dbexpress driver for ODBC (dbxoodbc) problem with USMALLINT fields

I do not have Pervasive SQL, so I cannot test this.

Since the source code for my DbExpress driver is available,
please feel free to fix the problem yourself and then kindly post
the patch on SourceForge so that other developers can benefit.

Later I will integrate your fix into the standard release.

Edward Benson.

"Stefano" <vecchs...@supereva.it> wrote in message news:3cb3de65$1_2@dnews...

> I have defined a Pervasive.SQL 2000 Table with some USMALLINT (Unsigned smallint) fields.
> In a Delphi application with ADO the persistent fields of the table are defined as TWordField and all works correctly.
> If I use dbExpress with the open source Odbc driver the fields of the table are defined as TSmallintField and I have problems

handling records containg values greater then 32767.
> How can I solve this problem?

> Bye.

Other Threads