BDE 5.x Native ACCESS drivers and MSAccess 2000

I am using a Delphi 5.0 application that uses the BDE(5.01) Native ACCESS
driver with the DLL32 paramter set to 'IDDA3532.DLL'  to access a Microsoft
Access97 database.  I have upgraded the database to MS Access2000 and now
the application can no longer access the database.  I receive 'a connection
to the database is not available' message.  Can anyone asisst me with what I
am doing wrong or what I need to update?

Thanks in Advance
Joe Heuler

Re:BDE 5.x Native ACCESS drivers and MSAccess 2000

Can anyone suggest a good place that describes how to use ADO?

Thanks
Joe

http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa010101a.htm

"Joe Heuler" <j...@choruscall.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone suggest a good place that describes how to use ADO?

> Thanks
> Joe

> Bill Todd <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message
> > The BDE native driver does not support anything later than Access 87.
> > Either use the ODBC driver or change your application to use the ADO
> > data access components instead of the BDE.

> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:45:03 -0500, "Joe Heuler" <j...@choruscall.com>
> > wrote:

> > >I am using a Delphi 5.0 application that uses the BDE(5.01) Native
ACCESS
> > >driver with the DLL32 paramter set to 'IDDA3532.DLL'  to access a
> Microsoft
> > >Access97 database.  I have upgraded the database to MS Access2000 and
now
> > >the application can no longer access the database.  I receive 'a
> connection
> > >to the database is not available' message.  Can anyone asisst me with
> what I
> > >am doing wrong or what I need to update?

> > >Thanks in Advance
> > >Joe Heuler

> > --
> > Bill (TeamB)
> > (TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Other Threads