Delphi, INFORMIX & Internet

Hello everybody!

I'm making as ISAPI/NSAPI application in Delphi 4 C/S (first dll I've ever
done). I have 5 tables, connecting to INFORMIX database server (personal
edition). I open Database and tables in Create event of WebModule (correct
order and all...).

The problem is: when I try to conect to site
http://localhost/Application.dll/Intro through IE5, it finds site but it
doesn't connect to it (I could wait forever and nothing would've happened).
I tried to use Paradox and it worked, but I really need INFORMIX.

I suspect that application have problems with connecting to dataserver
(connecting works fine from Delphi though).

I use MS Personal Web Server distributed with Win95.

Also, is there an easier way to debug a dll (to use breakpoints and all)
than to reset computer after every build and copiing file to server
directory.

Lots-O-thanx

Lucijan

Re:Delphi, INFORMIX & Internet

Since there is no respose I probably should do some more explanation.

After nothing worked I try to do a sample application on computer where
Informix runs (WinNT Server, INFORMIX DS PE, INFORMIX Client, Delphi 4 C/S,
MS Internet Server for WinNT).

This is code I've written:

Create event of WebModule:
  DataBase.Open;
  Table.Open;

On /intro action
  Table.First;
  while not Table.Eof do
  begin
    Response.Content :=
Response.Content+Table.FieldByName('SampleField').AsString;
    Table.Next;
  end;

After few tests it seemed that WebModuleOnCreate is not executed (I put in
a raise error statement and nothing happened); it always says 'Cannot
perform this operation on closed dataset'. So I eliminated OnCreate event
and put Database.Open & Table.Open in second event before Table.First. Now
the real problem begins... It cannot open database and error 'General SQL
Error: Unable to load locale categories' occurs. I suspect there is
something wrong with alias definition or with database itself, but I
couldn't find anything that might work.

Is there anybody who had the same problem with INFORMIX or other servers,
or maybe things works fine on other servers?

I really hope anybody can solve this 'cause I'm getting pretty desperate
here...

Best regards,

Lucijan

Lucijan Sulic <luci...@altavista.net> wrote in article
<01beab5d$886b6380$6806a8c0@lsulic>...

> Hello everybody!

> I'm making as ISAPI/NSAPI application in Delphi 4 C/S (first dll I've
ever
> done). I have 5 tables, connecting to INFORMIX database server (personal
> edition). I open Database and tables in Create event of WebModule
(correct
> order and all...).

> The problem is: when I try to conect to site
> http://localhost/Application.dll/Intro through IE5, it finds site but it
> doesn't connect to it (I could wait forever and nothing would've
happened).
> I tried to use Paradox and it worked, but I really need INFORMIX.

> I suspect that application have problems with connecting to dataserver
> (connecting works fine from Delphi though).

> I use MS Personal Web Server distributed with Win95.

> Also, is there an easier way to debug a dll (to use breakpoints and all)
> than to reset computer after every build and copiing file to server
> directory.

> Lots-O-thanx

> Lucijan

Other Threads