How to install Delphi 4.0 on Windows NT 5.0b2

Richard [Inprise] <supporti...@inprise.com> wrote in message

3614FE06.A9613...@inprise.com...

>Wendell,

>Windows NT 5.0 is still in beta, and is therefore a moving target as far as
>development goes.  Delphi 4 was designed to run on NT4 SP3, 95, and 98.  If
NT
>5.0 is 100% backwards compatible, then it will run Delphi.  If you wish to
>develop FOR NT 5.0, I suggest running Delphi on a machine with NT4 SP3 and
then
>testing your projects on the NT 5.0 machine.

>If you are convinced that you need to run Delphi UNDER NT 5.0, then post
your
>symptoms so that we can try to help.
>------------------------
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

I still think this is a shitty way to treat your customers!

To install Delphi 4.0 on Windows NT 5.0b2 perform the following steps:

1. Manually  copy all the files from the subdirectories of the RunImage
directory on your CD to the directories indicated by the installation
program.

2. Since the files will have their read-only attributes set you MUST remove
this attribute from all the files you copied to your HD.

3. Run the <cd>:\install\setup.exe program.

After theese 3 steps everything seems to be OK except for the VBroker part.

BTW: All the other installation programs i used yeasterday worked OK.
that isI have installed the following:
Office 97
Visual Studio 98
C++ Builder 3.0